Cookies are pieces of information deposited on a user’s terminal equipment by the server of the website visited. They are used by a website to send information to the user’s browser and allow the browser to send information back to the originating site (for example, a session ID or language choice).
Only the sender of a cookie can read or modify the information contained in it.
There are different types of cookies:
- Analytical cookies: These cookies collect information to allow platforms or websites to evaluate how they are used by users and their activity in general, as well as to gather statistical data. Analytical cookies measure and collect data from the Platform (visits, traffic parameters, clicks, page views, etc.) to understand how it is used and optimize it.
- Social cookies: These cookies are needed to manage external social networks (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.). Their function is to control the interaction with social widgets within a web page or platform.
- Technical cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary for the functionality and usability of the websites and platforms, allowing the user to navigate and use their various services and options.
- Advertising and behavioral cookies: They collect information about the user’s browsing habits and behavior in order to identify the user’s preferences, interests and habits on a specific platform. These cookies allow us to tailor advertising content based on the analysis of the user’s browsing habits and by determining the user’s specific characteristics such as location, age range and gender.
- Personalization cookies: They allow websites or platforms to save certain preferences (e.g. language, country, regional configuration, etc.) predefined by the user on his/her first visit (and subsequent visits) to the Platform.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies belong to third parties and are used by websites or platforms to manage and improve the content and services offered by these third parties.
You are informed that, during your visits to this website: Renaissance Sri Lanka (renasl.org) (hereinafter the “Site”), cookies may be installed on your terminal equipment.
- Purposes of the cookies used
The cookies used on the Site are strictly necessary for navigation, the provision of services and the personalization of elements of the Site (screen display preferences, recognition of identifiers, etc.).
Thus, to improve your experience and its service, Renaissance Sri Lanka uses its own cookies that can be classified as follows according to their purpose:
Technical cookies: They are used to ensure proper communication between the user’s equipment and the network, and intervene in functions such as identifying the user’s session, determining whether the user is using the application server, access to his account and use of security features.
- What cookies do we use?
The cookies deposited on the Site are detailed in the table below:
|Cookie Type||Name||Contains||Purpose||Durée de vie|
|Google Analytics||_ga*||Session ID||Tracking site content and visitor usage||40 Days|
|WordPress Charitable Plugin||charitable_session||Session ID||Track the website user session for the plug-in, which is required to run the website. No charity plug-in functionality (such as donations, campaigns, etc.) is currently in use.||24 Hours|
|Stripe||__stripe_mid||Session ID||Track website session for Stripe donation form||14 Days|
|Stripe||__stripe_mid||Merchant ID||Track merchant ID for Stripe donations||14 Days|
|WordPress||wordpress_test_cookie||Test Text String||To check if cookies are enabled||Until the browser is closed|
|WordPress||wordpress_logged_in*||Current Session Data, encrypted||To identify the logged-in user||14 Days|
|WordPress||wordpress_sec*||Current Session Data, encrypted||To protect against malicious attacks||14 Days|
|WordPress WPML Plugin||wp-wpml_current_language||Language ID (en, fr, etc.)||Preferred language chosen||24 Hours|
|WordPress WPML Plugin||wp-wpml_current_admin_language||Language ID (en, fr, etc.)||Favorite language chosen by Internet users||24 Hours|
|Donation Data||Fname,donate_amount, currency,donate_freq||Détails de la donation||To track donation data and post a thank you message.||30 minutes|
- Protection of personal data
The data collected is necessary to achieve the objectives of each cookie. It is only used by authorized persons within Renaissance Sri Lanka.
The personal data collected via cookies is never kept longer than necessary to achieve the purpose of the cookie, and in no case longer than the working session.
In accordance with the provisions of the regulations on the protection of personal data, individuals have the right to query, access, rectify, delete, oppose on legitimate grounds and portability of all data.
These rights, concerning the cookies collected on the Site, can be exercised by writing to the following email address: , accompanied by any element allowing to prove your identity.
You may also contact the competent authority for the protection of personal data.